"Celebrate the happiness that friends are always giving, make every day a holiday and celebrate just living!" - Amanda Bradley

Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year

It's You I Like!
Frederick 'McFeely' Rogers
Also known as 'Mr. Rogers'


It's you I like,
It's not the things you wear.

It's not the way you do your hair,

But it's you I like.

The way you are right now

The way down deep inside you

Not the things that hide you

Not your diplomas...

They're just beside you.

But it's you I like,

Every part of you,

Your skin, your eyes, your feelings,

Whether old or new.

I hope that you'll remember

Even when you're feeling blue,

That it's you I like,

It's you yourself, it's you

It's you I like!


from Inspiration Peak
If you haven't visited yet you should.

2 comments:

Comments are great. They are like the Grande, 2-pump, Cinnamon-dolche, non-fat latte of the computer...Really! Thanks for the bloggin' coffee!