"Celebrate the happiness that friends are always giving, make every day a holiday and celebrate just living!" - Amanda Bradley

Sunday, November 09, 2008


"Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow." - Melody Beattie

I love this quote...makes you think - past, present, future. I am thankful for it all! How can I even list all the people and things (actions, objects) that I am thankful for from my past or my present? I can't. Simple as that.

I can say I am thankful for my mom. When she was a single mom with two kids she worked hard. She did what she could to make us happy. To show us she loved us. She was a great mom. I am super lucky to have her...Really even when she drives me ass-bat crazy (which she never does by the way...that was just a hypothetical. Really. Honest. Love you mom!).

And when mom got remarried, in the summer after John graduated and in between my sixth and seventh grade years, I was lucky enough to get an awesome David. He was the best (step) dad I could ask for and I count the day my parents got married as one of the best days of my life. David was fantastic as a dad of a middle school girl. I have to say he had great taste in clothes and was more willing than my mom to go shopping with me and buy me awesome clothes (even though I made a horrible mistake by saying I would do dishes for...I don't know how long - forever - for a super cute ESPRIT skirt...The kitchen sink had been torn out and I did dishes in the bathtub...for a skirt...anyway it was a cute skirt). When it was time for my 8th grade tea David is the one who went shopping with me and picked out the stunning ensemble pictured here.

So, today I am thankful for my parents. My mom and dad. Who loved me through all my ups and downs. Through my good wardrobe phases, my less-than stellar wardrobe phases. Thank you. I love you!

edited: I do not do their dishes anymore...I think they let me quit right around the time the kitchen sink and dishwasher were installed. Hmmm....And yes, it was a bitchin' skirt. ESPRIT, white with very bold geometric shapes and tight as heck! Aaaahhhh...the 80s ROCKED!


3 comments:

  1. Soooooo....do you still have to go to their house to do dishes? Was the skirt REALLY that awesome? I hated doing dishes as a teen, so I cannot imagine anything that would possibly make me promise to do them MORE!

    Cute outfit for the tea, chicky! Very stylin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. Having good parents is a treasure.
    Sweet skirt and WoW, those are some legs girlfriend!
    Do you still have the skirt? I won't ask if it fits...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great. They are like the Grande, 2-pump, Cinnamon-dolche, non-fat latte of the computer...Really! Thanks for the bloggin' coffee!