"Celebrate the happiness that friends are always giving, make every day a holiday and celebrate just living!" - Amanda Bradley

Friday, March 05, 2010

Among the things you can give and still keep are your word, a smile, and a grateful heart.” ~ Zig Ziglar


Last night I was lucky enough to be involved in the Lynden Pioneer Museum's Celebration of Volunteers evening. It is a very special night where the staff gets the opportunity to say a huge thank you to all the volunteers who make it possible to have such an incredible museum open to the public six days a week all year long!

While I am not on staff, my dear husband is the dedicated director/curator and he is endlessly dedicated to this museum, the community, and the idea of protecting and preserving history. I am honored to help out when I can at the museum and most especially at this particular event. Tami (who is terribly gifted in all areas of entertaining) and I spend days/weeks/all year brainstorming/shopping/decorating in order to make this event special for all the wonderful volunteers.

I would like to say a big thank you not only to the volunteers but also to the wonderful staff at the museum.

2 comments:

  1. You're welcome and Thank YOU Jerrie! What's next? Is there a luau in our future? Or a spiked punch bowl? Hmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Jerrie. I was going through my Blog Words of Me Project when I came across your comment from January!! Just wanted to thank you for stopping by and commenting. Hope you have a GREAT week!!:) Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great. They are like the Grande, 2-pump, Cinnamon-dolche, non-fat latte of the computer...Really! Thanks for the bloggin' coffee!