"Celebrate the happiness that friends are always giving, make every day a holiday and celebrate just living!" - Amanda Bradley

Monday, March 01, 2010

"Sweet childish days that were as long as twenty days are now." - William Wordsworth
While Spring cleaning with Troy last weekend I found Archer's first pair of cowboy boots under the couch. I dusted them off and they are on a table in the living room now. And as I was dusting them off I thought of this picture, taken about ten years ago (he is wearing said boots and his Power Ranger jammies).

I love this picture. I love this quote. Last night on the way home from youth group two of the boys were talking about how time passes so much quicker now that they are "older" (ya, older at fourteen! Yikes!).

I know we can't slow down time or go back to visit this sweet little boy in his boots and jammies. Oh, how I'd like another day with my four year old boy. However, we can be present in the moment; cherish and be present in the days with the fourteen year old boy. Celebrate everyday we're given.

Happy Day!

2 comments:

  1. So sweet!! Really. Adorable. At least you can appreciate and celebrate your fabulous teenager - because he is. He's lucky to have such a smart mama. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep that sounds like our neighbor Archer. Rubber boot and jammies is what I remember. AND LOOK he turned out just fine:)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great. They are like the Grande, 2-pump, Cinnamon-dolche, non-fat latte of the computer...Really! Thanks for the bloggin' coffee!