“For a long time it had seemed to me that life was about to begin - real life. But there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be gotten through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid. Then life would begin. At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life. ” —Alfred D. Souza
Yesterday's WOMP challenge was to list 50 things you love. While I've done this in the past I decided to tackle it again. One change I decided upon is not to keep track of my list. I didn't feel right putting a number on my loves...well it makes sense in my mind.
While I'm not going to share my complete list I will share some of it here with you...
- my guys, my family (of course)
- getting lost in a good book
- color - bright, subtle, pastel, primary...color makes the world go round
- kitty cuddles
- discovering and uncovering family history
- new school supplies
- water - the expanse of the ocean, rushing rivers, crawling creeks, water falls
- writing it down
- driving my brother's Jeep with the top down singing in the wind
- having fun with my camera
- quotes that speak to me
- old family photos
- old friends I trust and am oh-so comfortable with and nurturing our continuing friendships
- new friends - discovering commonness and differences
- hot coffee
- cold lemonade and sweet tea
- martini nights
- rain storms
- being snowed in
- trees - looking up through the branches to the sky above - never the same view twice
- scarves, mittens and sweaters
- inspiration - words, images...
That's it for now...a few things I love.
Happy Day my friends!