"Celebrate the happiness that friends are always giving, make every day a holiday and celebrate just living!" - Amanda Bradley

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

my dear iMac

Last night was a sad night for our iMac family. Our dear computer, who has served us dutifully for the past three years, decided it was time for a rest. As Troy continues to talk with the experts my hopes are not high for the dear computer. Evidently it needs a new logic board or something equally as expensive...so we will see what will happen in the computer world for our little family next.

Today I am blogging from our old (5+ year old) iBook. Sitting on the couch cruisin' the web. I always thought this would be the life - sitting on the couch, laying in bed with the laptop, but I have to say I think I am really a desktop kind of girl. My legs started going to sleep because I was sitting on them in what would have been a comfy position if I was watching t.v. but isn't when a computer is on them and I am trying to type. So, I dug out a side table (dug out from under the piles of *stuff* on the end table) and have the computer set up in front of me now. Because we don't have a wireless connection (not for the laptop, but we did for the desktop - go figure) I can't try blogging from bed, but I really don't think it would be my thing. The grass is always greener, huh? 

Having to switch blogging to this computer may take some time, especially in the photo department as this computer doesn't have iPhoto. I will try to get pictures up from the last few days of my 365 project soon. Don't worry. While the other computer still has all my photos I have back ups and the memory is still good, so we will have to "get the stuff off" the other one onto a new one I suppose. 

In other news...Archer is on his third day of tennis camp and totally loving it. I hope the rain can hold off until after 2:30 this afternoon when he gets out. He bought a new racquet yesterday which was very hard for him. He has been using super-papa (great-grandpa) Ken's racquet for the past few years and he loves it, however his coach (who also coaches the high school team where Archer hopes to play in another year) advised him to get a new one for competitive play. Archer is so sentimental, there is no doubt super-papa Ken's racquet will be used for many recreational games.

I have begun my 101 in 1001 days list. I had it written (as much of it as I had completed I still need to think of some more - who knew 101 things to do would be so difficult to think of...) in macJoural on the other computer, luckily I wrote it first in "real" writing in a journal - with a pencil and everything! I don't know how much I will share, probably bits and pieces at a time, but I can tell you that my end date is Sunday, March 13, 2011.  I am pretty excited. I love lists, I love to cross things off lists and I am truly excited about some of the things on the list. I will definitely share as time wears on.

I think that is enough rambling for now. I will hopefully be back with photos soon. 

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. oh SO sad ... I hope you either get it up & running PRONTO OR you buy something super fantastic (like I saw you & Lorinda looking at in Seattle)! Whatever is easier ... and more fun. Maybe the new one! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, don't you just hate that when things break, wear out or just do not work anymore...Lon live the mac. I'm hopiing for a miraculous recovery or warranty....

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great. They are like the Grande, 2-pump, Cinnamon-dolche, non-fat latte of the computer...Really! Thanks for the bloggin' coffee!