"Celebrate the happiness that friends are always giving, make every day a holiday and celebrate just living!" - Amanda Bradley

Monday, August 04, 2008

review & to do

This weekend was really fun! (How is that for a catchy beginning sentence? Makes you want to keep reading, huh?)...

Saturday morning Troy and I dropped Archer off at my parent's house while we had a day trip to Bellevue. Troy had to pick up a *gun* (surprise, surprise) and thought we could make a day out of it. I hadn't been to Bellevue square since Archer was a baby (I know the horror) - so we spent a few hours wandering around. I love, love, love spending time in Pottery Barn and Williams Sonoma. We were very good though and limited our purchasing to a few (obviously much needed) items. I hate coming home knowing I spent too much on things I don't really need. This trip was perfect - browsing, inspiration, writing down some books to check out at the library!

We ate at the Cheesecake Factory (uh...YUM)! I had the most delicious Mango-rita - I am sure Troy could replicate it if he truly wants to make me happy!

The loot - sometimes the bags just make me happy!a litte of what was inside those bags (Archer's legos were taken out)

On the way home we stopped by Joel and Katrina's house to visit and drop off a birthday present for Madeline. We love to visit with them - don't see them nearly often enough. Well...maybe...getting Troy and Joel together is sometimes an iffy scenario! (haha)

When we stopped to pick up Archer he was evidently not ready to leave Grandma & Grandpa's house. On Sunday I asked my mom to pick me up a compost bin at the Re-Store before she brought Archer home, however a compost bin is evidently a very personal item and she didn't want to pick it out...So, a trip to Bellingham for me was necessary. My mom said she saw a compost bin in the Fred Meyer ad for only $34.99 so we went there and picked up this beauty!

WoooHooo! Jerrie's got herself a compost bin! I decided against a pile for several reasons (smell, neighbors, being right here, smack-dab in the middle of this town). My initial plan was for a pile, but I think this may make everyone just a wee-bit happier! Anyway...I am excited by the compost bin! (I can cross off one of those items on my "100 things to do" list. Yay!)

Well...that is is...our weekend all wrapped up this Monday morning.

Monday's to dos: go to the library (for real...wasn't that on the list last week?), clean off the kitchen table.
There. That is it. If I can do those two things I will have accomplished two much needed tasks. My books are overdue, I have a few to pick up which will expire tomorrow - good incentive to go. My kitchen table is in the kitchen, somewhere. Oh, I think it is under all that *stuff* there. I think I can see the legs. Ya, it needs some help! Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. You're right ... I do want to scream!!! Oh my ... and no pictures of Madeline? What's up w/that?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried commenting here yesterday and the comment never showed up. Go figure.

    Hooray for sans kid(s)! Isn't it Grand! It is nice to get them home again though!

    I love your goodies ~ shopping for goodies is great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice that you and Troy could have a date day. Fun times for all. Did you get to Crate & Barrel?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the composter! If I was a "townie" I would definitely get one of those cute little numbers, my giant pile is not cute at all but I'd need about twenty of those black numbers to handle everythiing here.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great. They are like the Grande, 2-pump, Cinnamon-dolche, non-fat latte of the computer...Really! Thanks for the bloggin' coffee!