Tonight, in addition to catching up on some shows on my dvr, I am cozy in bed with a few holiday magazines and my Merry & Bright book. I am loving reading, ok, looking at pictures in the magazines right now. I am getting excited about this holiday season. Family. Friends. Decorating. Food. You name it I am ready...well mentally. When it is time for it all to come together it will. I usually make way more plans than I actually do and that is okay. Part of the fun (most of the fun) for me is the plan, the creativity, the we could do this...or that.
Today I am thankful for:
- Archer who loves the holidays as much as I do. He loves having the family over for Christmas, it is his favorite part of the season - according to him. While he doesn't like to decorate as much as he use to he still loves the decorations and has definite opinions about what should be where, what food should be made. I love that he knows the true spirit of Christmas, that he likes to focus on family and friends at this time of year. Makes a mom's heart sing.
- Music. In particular Christmas music. I have a playlist on my iTunes which has been played several times already - only when no one is at home at this time...the guys think I should wait a bit - well except the Stump song which Archer listens to year round.
- Troy, who has the biggest heart of all. He is struggling right now with the health of Horton, his beloved 14 year old cat, and all he wants is to do what is right for Horton. Troy loves his cat and knows that he is ultimately responsible for Horton's well-being.
- Jen and the kids arriving home safely. I so look forward to spending time with my cousin and baby cousins. I have missed them since they've been away.
- my stack of magazines, my dvr, and my pile of to be read books...
Have a great week.