"Celebrate the happiness that friends are always giving, make every day a holiday and celebrate just living!" - Amanda Bradley

Thursday, December 11, 2008

conversation

My cousin, Lorinda (you know the cousin of which I speak, right?), and I make Christmas cards every year. Every year I try to take a sabbatical like my friend Tami does sometimes. Lorinda, however, doesn't let me. Let me tell you right now that NO cards have been made to date. Uh, what day is it? Whatever let's not think about it. So, Lorinda and I have a date for tomorrow while the kids are at school and we WILL be making cards.

Today, I thought I would share our email exchange this morning, which so defines who we are as cousins and friends.

Here goes:

From: Jerrie
To: Lorinda
Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2008 6:50 AM
Subject: tomorrow


Hey girl. Are we still making cards tomorrow? I have started receiving some...Uh OH!!!!

Let me know. I am up for it. My house is seriously a disaster...I know I say that all the time, but seriously just finding the counter right now is a feat in engineering.

I am working all day (teaching...GASP). Email me back or text me. Between 9:45 and 10:45 I am free to text!!!!


Love ya.


j

(should we invite your sister?)

From: Lorinda
To: Jerrie
Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2008 6:59:27 AM
Subject: re: tomorrow

Hey!

If we don't make shit loads of cards tomorrow, I am not going to get them done in time. Work is crazy. School, appointments.................My only real chance will be at your house. I am coming out!

We should invite her that would be nice.

You want me to bring food? I cant wait to see you!!!!!!!!!!!

Love you!

l


From: Jerrie
To: Lorinda
Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2008 7:52:42 AM
Subject: tomorrow

Oh...ya shit loads tomorrow. No time for lack of inspiration. Even if I am sending complete crap I am getting them finished!!!!

Um...YES bring food. Archer & I went to Starbucks this morning for breakfast. NOT (only) because we love it, but because we have NO food, no bread, no muffins, no cereal, no no no nothing. It is so sad. And I have to work a full day today so no shopping!!!! I DO have coffee, cocoa, tea...no lack of beverages! I even have the gingerbread syrup from Starbucks. YES I DO!!!

Do you want to ask your sister or should I? Let me know. I don't think I have her number, will you send it my way?

I will clear off the table and counter (which means load all the SHIT into a basket and put it in the laundry room) and we will be set. Then you can come back another day and see the clean, merry house.

So, it sounds like your week is spiraling out of control with mine. Does it seem like it is either all or nothing? Really there are days/weeks/maybe even a month (haha) where there is NOTHING then WHAM BAM it hits like a (insert bad word/s here)...

See you tomorrow. 9:30ish. I will make sure Troy doesn't come walking out all naked! hehe

LOVE YA.

3 comments:

  1. So, is Lorinda coming out ... of the closet or what? :)

    I do NOT want one of your crap cards. Do you hear me? Or are all of the bad words running around causing chaos in your head? lol

    Dork, you need a drink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious! I want a crap card - seriously... I dare you to make mine to gaudiest thing you can do. Madeline will LOVE it. ;)

    I promise to send you some crazy kid-art in return.

    Have FUN with Lorinda! Hey, I'm having friends over for dinner tonight and need an excavator to scoop all the crap off my living room floor, and clean up my kitchen. Sigh.

    But, as my gramma used to say, they're not coming over to inspect my housework. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great. They are like the Grande, 2-pump, Cinnamon-dolche, non-fat latte of the computer...Really! Thanks for the bloggin' coffee!