"Celebrate the happiness that friends are always giving, make every day a holiday and celebrate just living!" - Amanda Bradley

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Thankful.

Last night around eight I went to facebook. This is nothing new. I probably spend too much time there. I wanted to change my status - it is almost an obsession. I didn't really think about it and wrote "Jerrie is thankful." It just came out. I wasn't even sure why. Then, Jodi, wrote "What u thankful for?" (in techno speak...love it!).

That made me think (thanks a lot Jodi!)...What am I thankful for? Huh.
My husband is home with a bad back. My son is home sick. My grandma is in the hospital with heart problems. Money is tight. I have several deadlines that are looming. My house is a mess (and I invited people over this weekend - still come please...the house may still be a mess though). And on and on.

So, what am I thankful for? I'm thankful for it all. For the little things. For the big things. I have a wonderful husband who is funny and kind and loves his family. The boy, while sick, is doing well - likes school, is fun to be with and loves his family and friends. My grandma, while still not doing great successfully made it through surgery yesterday and I will be able to see her today. I have a home. I have food. I have time to sit with a cup of tea, read a book, watch a movie, cruise blogs.

In short, there is so much to be thankful for if I stop and look at it right.

Thanks for stopping by...I am thankful for you my real-life dear friends, my blog friends, friends I haven't met. Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. We have got to find the thankfulness in all things!
    Nice post!
    I have been using my phone to facebook and I think I need to walk to my computer and respond:)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great. They are like the Grande, 2-pump, Cinnamon-dolche, non-fat latte of the computer...Really! Thanks for the bloggin' coffee!