"Celebrate the happiness that friends are always giving, make every day a holiday and celebrate just living!" - Amanda Bradley

Monday, March 23, 2009

blessed.

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson


This weekend was the weekend of friends. On Friday, Troy started out having drinks with Tami (aka the lady in the stone house) and her fabulous hubby. Such fun.

Then Saturday night was "girls night out" with a few of my best girls (and my brother and a few of his friends for awhile and an old friend who was in the band we saw...but we still call it girls night).

We started the night at the Chuckanut Brewery to listen to the last performance of my friend Raphael's group The Diamondbacks. I enjoyed the crab cakes, the strong bock, and of course the company of my friends (and brother and band...).

After the band finished we headed up to Poppe's for a few drinks. I hadn't been there in years, however anyone who knows me knows I love a martini...What fun!
Here are my girls - Cheryl, Lisa, Lorinda. Lemon Drops and a Naughty Schoolgirl (our drinks), fun times.
So, now it is Monday and the fun continues. I am off to Seattle with Cheryl and Lorinda for cupcakes, shopping, and seeing Jodi Picoult speak. I'll take it, as tomorrow will be back to "normal" life.

5 comments:

  1. Is there such a thing as too much fun? Cuz I think you may be close.

    Have fun with Jodi, I have things under control here and am dying to hit the couch and read. It's a love hate thing with her books... Love her writing and characters but her topics, tough stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love how Tami summed up her relationship with Jodi! That's exactly how I feel! I haven't read anything since the 19 Minutes one. *shudder* Just can't handle the intensity.

    I just have to say that I adore that pic of you up there! The caption should be "Wanna a drink?" You look so innocent/evil. I LOVE IT! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. lmao Angie ... that's a great description of that pic (which I took, oh by the way)! lol I think I did good.

    Jodi's books ARE intense, to be sure, but I like that. I read so much fluff (which is great, of course) that I enjoy her writing style & such. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comment on my new BLOG!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great. They are like the Grande, 2-pump, Cinnamon-dolche, non-fat latte of the computer...Really! Thanks for the bloggin' coffee!