I was finally in the market (aka have-enough-money) to buy a new pair of shoes so I walked across the street to Sole Obsession (right across from the museum, makes it a bit tempting eh Tami?). Ok. No, the story goes back...I was reading Kelly's blog (the foot wear peddler) and noticed she had some Simple Shoes in stock. I have been needing (yes, needing) a pair of Simple Shoes for a LONG time and now just like that *poof* across the street Simple Shoes.
Must. Go. Buy. And I did. I went, I saw, I tried on, I ordered, I bought.
That is the great thing. Kelly, will order for you. I tried on a pair of Simple Shoes to make sure of sizing, then special ordered this fantastic pair that she doesn't carry. She called me in less than a week to come pick up my new shoes. Fantastic! Why Simple Shoes? Several simple reasons. They are fabulously cute shoes. The company is committed to making their products 100% sustainable. They have reduced packaging - no plastic in that box; the packaging is made of all recycled materials and I can always use a shoe box. Did I mention they are super cute? Ok. Just wanted to make sure of that. And comfortable. Very, very comfortable
Details about my shoes (from here):
- I have printed organic cotton uppers
- I have certified organic cotton linings
- I have recycled PET laces (my laces used to be soda bottles!)
- I have Ortholite/recycled car tire pedbeds
- My outsoles used to be a car tire*
- I have a vulcanized rubber sidewall, toecap, and heelcap
- I have 100% post consumer paper pulp foot forms
- I ship to you in our totally state-of-the-art/back-to-the-future post-consumer recycled box
- I am part of the Better category
* The bottom of these shoes used to be tires that rolled around on an axle that was connected to a car. Given the inherent nature of use like this, some of the shoe bottoms (i.e. tires) are marked up a little. Sure, we buff them out and put them on the bottom of the shoes, but they still show wear. If you get them and you decide you can't deal with the past life of that particular car tire, we'll take them back, as long as they are in new and unworn condition.
Now I am looking toward summer. I am thinking these (Tube Top) in either black and white or sand and white. Or these (Cartoon) in black. Or...there are a few other pair I like...we will see, we will see.
It really is Simple. Go to Sole Obsession. Check out the Simple Shoes. If you don't love the Simple Shoes she has many other brands and styles to chose from. Like Dansko. Oh. I might need some Danskos.
p.s. I bought the socks in this post. The green ones with the orange on top. They go great with my shoes!