"Celebrate the happiness that friends are always giving, make every day a holiday and celebrate just living!" - Amanda Bradley

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Just a bit dirty

I just wanted to post a list of those words whose meaning is not in the least bit dirty or suggestive but they still make me chuckle when I hear them because I think they sound suggestive and dirty.

Those words are:
Volvox
Rectory
Homophone
Pithy
Pianist
BVDs
Shank
Phrenology
Follicle
Fallacy
Spasm
Bitumen
Demurrage
Compote

Make of them what you will, but I guarantee next time you say "can I have a bite of your compote" you will giggle a little bit and feel like you are getting away with saying something just a bit improper.

3 comments:

  1. Ah Troy, it reminds me of the day a British Lady came into Yang's Nursery and asked for Pinus (properly pronounced by the Brits with the i as a long e) contorta. Holding back that laugh was almost painful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So...when I post my recipe for rhubarb compote are you going to giggle?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great. They are like the Grande, 2-pump, Cinnamon-dolche, non-fat latte of the computer...Really! Thanks for the bloggin' coffee!