"Celebrate the happiness that friends are always giving, make every day a holiday and celebrate just living!" - Amanda Bradley

Thursday, January 21, 2010

"Holy Mackerel! Call headquarters. Get the lieutenant."

I think I've found my new favorite donut place. Rocket Donuts in downtown Bellingham is just a lot of fun. My bismark was delicious, my latte was yummy, my company was great and the decor was original.

Who would have thought donuts and 50s sci-fi? Not me. And why donuts and 50s sci-fi? Their answer "Why not?" Well...that's good enough for me.
Mr. Harley: "Your impatience is quite understandable."
Klaatu: "I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it."
Mr. Harley: "I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry... I wish it were otherwise."

Klaatu: "I'm worried about Gort. I'm afraid of what he might do if anything should happen to me."
Helen: "Gort? But he's a robot. Without you, what could he do?"
Klaatu: "There's no limit to what he could do. He could destroy the Earth."
OR...he could steal your donut (I added that myself...)

Reporter: "I suppose you are just as scared as the rest of us."
Klaatu: "In a different way, perhaps. I am fearful when I see people substituting fear for reason."

Army physician: "I don't know whether to get drunk or quit the practice of medicine."
Klaatu: "We have come to visit you in peace and with goodwill."

All quotes are from The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951). Now doesn't reading those make you want to go watch it? My thought is to watch the original...I mean really...50s sci-fi? You just can't recreate that! Or maybe watch both - Keanu Reeves does make a good cheesy movie.

Happy Thursday friends!

4 comments:

  1. Of course your company was great ... it was ME! :) We definitely need to go back to get more donuts & cupcakes ... there's more flavors (of cupcakes) I need to try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clearly, we need to make a trip North! ;o) Looks fun, and tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it wrong that I licked the screen on that first pic? Well, if it's wrong, I don't wanna be right. Was it a Bavarian cream? Those are my very, very, very favoritest donuts in the world! With a huge glass of chocolate milk. Oh yummmmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to go to Rocket Donuts because I heard that they have maple bars with bacon on top. Yum! Except donuts make me feel kinda puny so I generally don't eat them. Might have to have one and just be icky sicky...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great. They are like the Grande, 2-pump, Cinnamon-dolche, non-fat latte of the computer...Really! Thanks for the bloggin' coffee!