"Celebrate the happiness that friends are always giving, make every day a holiday and celebrate just living!" - Amanda Bradley

Friday, May 30, 2008

a few points

This week, which should have been a short one, a one filled with excitement looking toward summer. I find myself with students who are losing it. They can't sit or learn another moment! We are trying to keep 'em on track - doing what we can to educate and tide them through to the end of the year. We may need your prayers for the next nine school days. I so enjoy my students, the behaviors on the other hand...


On Monday at the cemetery I took pictures that weren't of Troy. One of my favorite photography subjects is trees. I take a lot of tree pictures. The wonderful thing is that there are so many trees - I won't ever run out of subjects. A tree on any given day can be photographed and look completely different - going back to the same tree is just another photo opportunity.

Trees are so peaceful. They stand the test of time - weather, man, they can grow through concrete, up a hill, down a cliff. They are in cities, the country, downtown, on the side of streets...



“Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Appreciate your friends. Continue to learn. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.”

—Mary Anne Radmacher, author

1 comment:

  1. Nice post. Maybe you should just think about the trees while those students are checking out...I do hope and pray for a good end to the school year for you!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great. They are like the Grande, 2-pump, Cinnamon-dolche, non-fat latte of the computer...Really! Thanks for the bloggin' coffee!