"Celebrate the happiness that friends are always giving, make every day a holiday and celebrate just living!" - Amanda Bradley

Sunday, March 01, 2009

I predict.....

I have to ask these two questions of all the conspiracy theorists and doomsday prophets out there,

"Why?"

why do all your predictions have to be of doom and apocalypse? How come nobody ever gets all riled up about a prophecy that says, "hot damn-humanity, you are going to have a great century!"

"Is your life really that bad?"

does your life suck so much that you have to hope for disaster? Is this some form of weird spiritual suicide that so many seek? A way to absolve themselves and others of any form of responsibility. I gotta figure that if whatever providence you believe in really wanted you to be so unhappy they wouldn't say "you may...OR MAY NOT!....fart out loud at your high school commencement speech so everyone can hear." They would simply tell you and force you to go through with it anyway.

I am not going to give my opinion of mayan calendars, edgar cayce, nostradamus and/or bible codes, other than stating that for a prophet to accurately predict the future they have to be right more often than sheer random chance is. Which means simply this-if all those monkeys can accidentally write the greatest novel ever written before you can, then yes-you are stupider than a pack of monkeys. (gosh darn-I think I let my opinion slip better pull down my social skirt.)

Anyways, I would love to see some kickin' butt positive prophecies. And since none seem to be forthcoming I will start.

Sometime tomorrow (Monday March, 2nd 2009 Anno Domini Gregorian Calendar, between 12:01AM and 12:00PM), somewhere in Whatcom County a man will intentionally hold open a door for a lady, receiving a thank you and polite smile. Society will be made better for this action.

Why do I predict this? Because my life is pretty damn good, I have no desire to see the world end in flames and I still feel that I hold determination over my future (just like everybody). I predict this prophecy because I know I can make it happen.

What do you predict? The future is your responsibility.

1 comment:

  1. Have y'all read Eckart Tolle's "A New Earth." Wonderful "prediction" of the future of the human race. I put "prediction" in quotes because Eckhart wouldn't agree with the word, as it assumes that we have no power over our own lives. Anyway, it's a great read, and is very powerful. I highly recommend it.

    I love your prediction. I predict that tomorrow I will personally greet and talk with three people who I do not know, giving them my full and undivided attention, truly caring, and thus making all of our days a bit brighter. I further predict that this little display of positive energy will ripple out and effect others in a positive way, thus causing even more beauty in the world.

    Life rocks. Pass it on.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great. They are like the Grande, 2-pump, Cinnamon-dolche, non-fat latte of the computer...Really! Thanks for the bloggin' coffee!